Monday, October 20, 2003

Well it`s simply been too long...

Not much to note really, a lazy weekend with very little energy expended. One interesting incident to note. The phone rang on Saturday. Not such a strange thing I guess, but on the other end of the phone was a bunch of chums from my year over here as an exchange student when I was 16. We haven`t talked for a decade or so (I know, I know), one of them was getting hitched and my erstwhile host brother was there with my cell-phone number on hand. The chap getting married didn`t tell me his name for some 7 months when I was over here, insisting that I call him "The Prince of Darkness"- this is the only English I ever heard him speak.
They all seem well and are looking forward to when Nic and I wander on down to say hello sometime after the nuptuals. I actually received 5 or 6 calls from them during the day, each one a little more slurred and raucous than the last. As I said, a fine weekend with little to report, apart from going to the Izakaya for the 5th Friday in a row. As you may have guessed, things are pretty quiet here in Godo-towne.
Toodle-Pip...
berin

No comments: